PTO Leaders: Leigh Fisher, Hollie Foley and Rachel Shelley
PTO Contact: pto
Thank you to all who gave so generously with their time, set up, baking, cooking, grilling, running games, clean up and more! Mayfair was a huge success and could not have happened without all of your help! Special thanks to Stephanie Mueller, Stacey Kelleher and Brandi Littlefield for running the very successful Mayfair auction, and Leigh Fisher, the Mayfair coordinator.
SAVE THE DATE: Lake Monsters Baseball Game to Benefit The Four Winds Science Program on Wednesday, June 21, 7 p.m.
When school ends, what comes next? Baseball, of course! Join our Edmunds Elementary community for a fun evening at Centennial Field to benefit the Four Winds Science Program. The game is Wednesday, June 21, at 7:00 p.m. It’s the Lake Monsters’ season-opening game. EES students will form a high-five tunnel for the players when they enter the field!
Teachers will distribute packets to students the week of, May 22. Students have until Wednesday, June 7, to sell as many tickets as they can. Each $6 ticket sold during this window will earn the science program $2.50. (Walkups on game day won’t earn any money for Four Winds.) Help pack the stands for this fun event!
For questions about ordering tickets, please contact Amy Lilly: lillyamy. For questions about Four Winds, please contact Carolyn Hanson: carolynhanson21.
EVERYBODY MOVE YOUR BODY
WHAT? All EES students are invited to come move their bodies before school starts!
WHEN? Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 7:45- 8:05 during the month of May (we had to take 2 days off because of the Champlain College graduation tent)
WHY? Research has shown that exercise can increase academic achievement, improve behavior and increase self-confidence…and it will be fun!
WAIT…WHAT? All EES students are encouraged to join in a walk/run around the field in the morning before school starts. There is a system to track and record the number of laps made each day. In addition we are tracking how many miles as a school we have completed. Students who participate are recognized each week during our all school assembly. Please encourage your child to participate!
FRIDAY MAY 26th: VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR VSO MUSICAL PETTING ZOO
· Attention music lovers, parents of kindergarteners and of first-graders! We need your help to make this event happen!
· The musical petting zoo is a fun, hands-on experience for kids in kindergarten and first grade to learn about the instruments that are part of an orchestra and get a chance to play them.
· We need parent volunteers to help hold the instruments and sanitize them between students.
· No musical experience needed!
· The schedule for the classes will be as follows:
· We are looking for 8 volunteers at each workshop.
· It is helpful to have some volunteers who are willing to stay for more than one session. A brief orientation will begin at 8:05.
· If you are interested in helping, please contact Bethany Fitzgerald at bsaulpaugh with your child’s name and class, and what time slot(s) you are available to help. This is a great opportunity for grandparents to volunteer in the school as well. Thank you!!