The Ready, Set, Run program registration will close at 8pm on Tuesday, 4/8/14. Please register
- Location: 3rd Floor Library.
- Please consider bringing some used children’s books that will be collected and sent to schools in Somalia (an idea put forth by Fardowsa and Noor Mohamed)
- Contact Marni Slavik at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The Burlington Friends of Education (BFOE) will be hosting a meeting on Tuesday, April 8th at 7 pm in the BHS cafeteria to discuss how you can help to support great public schools in Burlington. Join other volunteers to learn how you can make a difference! For more information, or if you can’t attend the meeting but want to help, contact Christopher Hood at email@example.com or Barb Prine at firstname.lastname@example.org. Paypal donations to the BFOE can be made at burlingtonfriendsofeducation.wordpress.com
- The program will be led from April 9th – June 4th on Wednesdays, from 1:50pm-3:00pm.
- To register, go to: http://www.runvermont.org/page.php?pid=19&pname=ready-set-run
- Your child will learn about and practice fitness, the value of proper nutrition, citizenship, and goal setting all while having fun and being safe.
- Groups meet weekly for an hour.
- In addition to mileage incentives, a t-shirt, medal and finisher’s certificate, participants receive monthly newsletters filled with activity ideas, citizenship challenges and tasty recipes.
- Participants are encouraged to participate in spring fun runs: Champ on Church May 10th & the Spring Festival of Fun June 2nd.
- If your child currently attends the Burlington Kids After School Program, we will filter them back to their leaders at the end of the program.
- Please note that this group will have 2 options and will be different than the running group being provided through the Burlington Kids program with Paul Houchens; therefore, the kids could do both running groups on the same afternoon easily.
- There is a $30 fee for participation; however, if your child receives free or reduced lunches, the fee is waived. In addition, if the fee is a hardship, please connect with us as we want your child to participate and will seek accommodations.
- Flyers will be going home with your children this week.
- If you are interested in volunteering, please let us know.
· Email Brandi.email@example.com with any questions.
FROM THE COMMUNITY:
Learn Spanish with the whole family! Kids, parents, and even grandparents can participate together in this dynamic class. Funny stories, songs, games, and discussions bring Spanish to life and engage students of all ages. The weekend focuses on practical, everyday language (not memorizing lists of vegetables) and gets students understanding Spanish from the start. Materials are shared to help keep the learning alive after the course.
(adults, teens, and children ages 7+)
$150 for adult and child
$55 each additional family member
(Save $20 per family if you register by March 21st)
Spanish weekend class- for adults!
Express Fluency’s courses draw upon the latest brain and language acquisition research to get our students understanding and speaking Spanish in the fastest way possible. This weekend is perfect for anyone who wants to jumpstart or refresh their Spanish in preparation to travel, for work, or just for fun! More information about our courses is available at www.expressfluency.com.
$110 ($90 if you register by March 21)
- Do you know a neighbor or a friend who will have a Kindergartener next year?
- Encourage them to come tour Edmunds!
- Tours will take place on Wednesday mornings at 8:05 am from the front entrance.
- Upcoming tour dates: Apr 2 and 16.
- Tour participants will have the opportunity to attend the whole school assembly and then take a guided tour from 8:30-9:00.
- To sign up for a tour, contact Monica Gragg at 864-1791.
- DVD of the Willy Wonka production at a cost of $5.00 per DVD.
- Anyone in the cast is welcome to order one copy per family.
- Print and fill out the order form below
- Include cash or a check for $5.00 made out to “EESPTO-Drama”
- Return order form and money in an envelope labeled, “Wonka DVD” to main office.
- Questions can be e-mailed to Kirstin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DVDs will be delivered to your child’s classroom.
- Anyone who was in the cast may receive a DVD, regardless of their ability to pay, as long as they fill out an order form.
Yes! MY FAMILY WOULD LIKE A COPY OF WILLY WONKA. Cast Member’s Name ________________________________ Classroom Teacher __________________________________ Name and phone number and/or e-mail of parent: ______________________________________________________________________________
___ I have included cash or a check for $5.00 made out to “EES PTO-DRAMA”
___ I would like a DVD but I would like to take the option of receiving one for free. Please return to school with your child by April 2.