Volunteers Needed to Help the Nurse Tomorrow 11/30
The Nurse needs parent volunteers to help out with vision and hearing screening on 11/30. the nurse will be doing the vision screening and speech students from UVM will do the hearing. Parent facilitators will pull students from classrooms and wait with them in the 2nd floor motor room (to the right of the office) while testing is in progress. We plan to screen from 9-12. One or two parents could do the entire time or if they want to split their time that would work too. Please contact jcharlso if you can help out.
NO Whole School Assembly Tomorrow Nov 30
There will not be having our Whole School Assembly this Wednesday morning, Nov. 30. Instead, we will be taking an hour out of the day to read the books that are nominated for the Red Clover Award.
Edmunds Merchandise Sale
Now thru through Monday, December 5th.Edmunds Tshirts, sweatpants, pom pom hats and adult sized PJs available – See attached flyer or send into school the paper version that went home last week attention EES PTO!
SPRING PLAY INFORMATION!!!!
Monday DECEMBER 5 FROM 5:45-6:15PM: KICK-OFF PARENT/GUARDIAN INFORMATION MEETING FOR EES SCHOOL PLAY
All parents of students interested in participating in this year’s school musical should attend this meeting
· Open to all students in grades 1-5: chorus (grades 1-2); many roles for grades 3-5 in cast and stage crew.
· Auditions for grades 3-5: Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday, January 3rd, 4th & 5th during lunch/recess.
· Grades 1-2 chorus meets one day per week (WILL NOT BE RUN BY BURLINGTON KIDS AFTER SCHOOL MORE INFO TO COME) starting week of January 16th.
Tuesday, January 10th Cast read through followed by Cast & Crew Parent meeting at 5:00.
· Wednesday, January 11th regular rehearsals on a Monday-Thursday cycle begin.
· Full run through Sunday, March 12th.
· Show will be Thurs-Saturday March 16-th-18th.
· Looking for Parent Volunteers for the many roles that make the annual school musical possible. Volunteer opportunities will be discussed at meeting.
· Contact: Andrea Juneau (ndreamaryjuneau) if you are interested in helping
Lost and Found Clean Out!!
Now is the time to check the Lost and Found for that missing Lunch box, Jacket, Sweat Shirt, Thermos or missing pair of boots. We will clear it out on December 2nd.
EES Community Holiday Gifts Project
During this holiday season, if you are looking for an opportunity to give to a family in the EES community, consider purchasing a gift card (Amazon, book store, grocery store, department store, etc.) to donate anonymously. This year Ms. Hathaway (EES School Counselor) and Tyler Sessions (P.E. Teacher) are working to connect EES families in need of some extra financial support with gifts and gift cards for the holidays. This year we are reaching out to the EES community to help provide gift cards to families in need. The gift cards can be sent to school in an envelope where they will be collected by the class teachers, and given to Ms. Hathaway. In order to reach families before the December break, please send in gift cards no later than Monday the 19th of December. Thank you EES community for your generosity during this holiday season.
Tour Guides Needed
EES parent/guardian volunteers needed to lead potential Kindergarten families on tours of our amazing school. The time commitment for this will be an hour(+/-) twice a month(January-end of March). Times and days of tours are flexible. You will be trained in what to say and the highlights to point out when giving a tour. Looking for 4-6 people to share the responsibility. Please email katelekstutis if you are able to volunteer.