PTO Leaders: Leigh Fisher, Hollie Foley and Rachel Shelley
PTO Contact: pto
Mayfair! Mayfair! Mayfair!THIS Friday, May 19th is Mayfair! Join in on the fun from 4pm-7pm on the EES Field. Mayfair is our annual carnival-style fun day with games, watermelon eating contests, bouncy house, yoga challenge and prizes. Tickets can be purchased at the event to play games and buy grilled food, sides & desserts. All fundraising efforts help support EES PTO initiatives such as field trips, Skate Night, Welcome BBQ and teacher grants. Fun for the whole family, friends and neighbors – hope to see you there! Please help us make this a great event by volunteering via the Sign Up Genius!
MAYFAIR AUCTION IS LIVE!!!!!! NEW ITEMS ADDED!!!!
Win a gift certificate to our local bookstore, area restaurants and museums all while supporting Edmunds Elementary School! There are many amazing deals to be found online at https://www.32auctions.com/EESMAYFAIR2017. With about 50 items, and more added every day, beautiful bags made by an Edmunds parent, tickets to the Montshire Museum, a gift certificates to Queen City Yoga, and even coupons for some brand new Nokia tires! Bidding will begin today, and the auction ends May 18 at 8 p.m. Remember – the silent auction is only online. There will be no chance to bid at the Mayfair event but you can pick up your winnings then. So sign up to bid soon, and bid generously! All the proceeds go to Edmunds Elementary PTO. See the auction and register at https://www.32auctions.com/EESMAYFAIR2017 . And spread the word about the auction with friends, family and co-workers. Anyone can bid.
EVERYBODY MOVE YOUR BODY RESUMES WEDNESDAY MAY 17!
WHAT? All EES students are invited to come move their bodies before school starts!
WHEN? Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 7:45- 8:05 during the month of May (we had to take 2 days off because of the Champlain College graduation tent)
WHY? Research has shown that exercise can increase academic achievement, improve behavior and increase self-confidence…and it will be fun!
WAIT…WHAT? All EES students are encouraged to join in a walk/run around the field in the morning before school starts. There is a system to track and record the number of laps made each day. In addition we are tracking how many miles as a school we have completed. Students who participate are recognized each week during our all school assembly. Please encourage your child to participate!
FRIDAY MAY 26th: VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR VSO MUSICAL PETTING ZOO
· Attention music lovers, parents of kindergarteners and of first-graders! We need your help to make this event happen!
· The musical petting zoo is a fun, hands-on experience for kids in kindergarten and first grade to learn about the instruments that are part of an orchestra and get a chance to play them.
· We need parent volunteers to help hold the instruments and sanitize them between students.
· No musical experience needed!
· The schedule for the classes will be as follows:
· We are looking for 8 volunteers at each workshop.
· It is helpful to have some volunteers who are willing to stay for more than one session. A brief orientation will begin at 8:05.
· If you are interested in helping, please contact Bethany Fitzgerald at bsaulpaugh with your child’s name and class, and what time slot(s) you are available to help. This is a great opportunity for grandparents to volunteer in the school as well. Thank you!!